Construction work hours extended at Hawkesbury Road, Westmead20 April 2020
Hawkesbury Road, between Darcy Road and Jessie Street, Westmead, is being widened in preparation for the construction and operation of the Parramatta Light Rail. Part of these road works will provide vital access to Westmead Redevelopment’s new hospital building.
The contractor undertaking these road widening works is working extended hours over the coming weeks to ensure the community will have access to the new building once it is completed.
There will be some noise and vibration and certain areas will be lit to ensure safe working conditions. We will make every effort to minimise disruption caused by noise and vibration by:
- Completing the majority of excavation work during the day
- Providing breaks during noise intensive activities
- Using noise mats around our sites and equipment where appropriate
- Monitoring and reviewing noise levels
- Consulting directly with affected residents and businesses
- Turning off equipment and vehicles when not in use
- Using non-tonal reversing beepers on machinery
Transport for NSW and the Westmead Redevelopment are working together to coordinate these works to minimise impacts to both hospital operations and disruption outside of the standard construction hours, where possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact us here:
- 1800 139 389 – our 24-hour community information line
You can also stay up-to-date with what’s happening with the project by registering your contact details here.