New ‘Activate Parramatta’ business activation plan released26 November 2018
Live entertainment, pop-up parks and interactive street installations are some of the business activation opportunities unveiled today to support Parramatta businesses before and during construction of the Parramatta Light Rail.
‘Activate Parramatta’ is a business activation plan outlining measures to maintain foot traffic, create activity around construction zones and develop unique experiences that will encourage patronage along the alignment.
Measures outlined in Activate Parramatta include:
- public events, street art, installations and live entertainment
- pop-up ‘parklets’ with temporary greenspace and outdoor seating
- business advisory services: free one-on-one support including specialist workshops and marketing advice
- a Business Reference Group (BRG) to provide local knowledge, advice and recommendations to the Parramatta Light Rail project team
- business forums and networking opportunities offering educational tools and resources on a range of topics
- attractive wayfinding signs to communicate changed access arrangements and create awareness of the dining and retail options on offer
- ‘Shop Local’ campaigns to attract visitors and shoppers
- vacant premises to be considered for pop-up galleries, cafes and retail space
- light rail street celebrations or ‘launch events’ as each section is completed.
Activate Parramatta will extend across five key precincts including Westmead, Parramatta North, the ‘Eat Street’ dining district, the Parramatta CBD and Camellia to Carlingford.
For more information, refer to the media release keeping up business as we build Parramatta Light Rail or ‘Activate Parramatta’: a business activation plan.