Traffic changes to Harris and Hassall Streets, Parramatta23 April 2020
From 8pm Friday 24 April, Harris Street, between George and Hassall Streets will be reduced to one lane southbound to facilitate the installation and relocation of utilities, such as water, gas, communications and electricity. Hassall Street, between Wigram and Harris Streets, will also be closed to eastbound traffic.
Due to this change, motorists are encouraged to use Smith, Marsden or O’Connell Streets to travel north across Parramatta.
- Motorists on Harris Street northbound will need to turn left into Hassall Street.
- Motorists on Macarthur Street will be able to turn right into George Street westbound.
- Motorists on Hassall Street eastbound will need to turn right into Wigram Street. There will be no through access on Hassall Street eastbound between Wigram and Harris Streets.
Please watch out for pedestrian and traffic control that will be in place to ensure the safe movement around the work zones.
Utility works involve:
- Excavating trenches in the roadway and footpath
- Installing new or relocating existing utilities infrastructure (conduit, cables, pipes and pits)
- Connecting, commissioning and testing new utilities, and disconnecting and decommissioning redundant utilities
- Reinstating the footpath and roadway for safe access.
- Installing temporary fencing to protect work zones when multiple shifts of work are required
- Site investigations including geotechnical and heritage works.
Transport for NSW understands this work may be disruptive and all efforts will be made to minimise impacts where possible.
For more information on this work, please read the community notification.